At Chip we believe that it is the responsibility of those with privilege to speak out against structural racism and other forms of inequality.
We stand in support of George Floyd, his family, and the Black community in the USA and worldwide.
Here is a list of resources that our team has been using to make donations, educate ourselves, and help push for change. Please do let us know if there’s anything we can add.
- A gofundme to support Queer Black Young people here in the UK, both online and in person : https://gf.me/u/x6k7uu
- An incredibly useful collection of places to donate, petition to sign, resources to educate yourself with and maps : https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
- A book that discusses racism and race for kids : https://www.theconsciouskid.org/
- Football Unites, Racism Divides, Sheffield based charity which uses football and community to fight racism : https://furd.org/
- National charity which aims to get rid of institutional barriers in front of young people : https://www.stephenlawrence.org.uk/
- National charity providing career services for marginalised people : https://www.accessuk.org/
- London based Charity aiming to open doors to STEM careers for BAME students : https://generatinggenius.org.uk/
- Justice for George Floyd petition : https://www.change.org/p/mayor-jacob-frey-justice-for-george-floyd